LOLLAPALOOOOOOZA.
11:36 PM3 weeks ago I convinced Ivette to go with me to Lollapalooza. It was sold out but we managed to get out hand on some wristbands and this is what happened:
The band that was playing before VW was Two Door Cinema Club. Not crazy about their band name but their set was pretty solid. Also the singer came out sipping on a glass of wine so you know he's a classy dude.
After an hour of waiting after Two Door's performance my love finally came out.
Then we went to go see Major Lazer because I really wanted to see Diplo. DANCING EVERYWHERE.
So immediately after Major Lazer I made Ivette go see The Cure, she wasn't impressed. I kept telling her , "But Iveeeette it's The Cure!!! Robert Smith! New Wave! "- She still wasn't impressed. At one point she suggested we should just meet somewhere so that she could go see Knife Party. I pathetically told her, "DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD IT WOULD BE IF YOU LEFT ME HERE LISTENING TO THE CURE BY MYSELF??? She looked at me and bursted out laughing.
So I compromised and we caught the last half hour of Knife Party for her...more like Dance Party, AMIRIGHT?
I definitely want to come back if the lineup is good. BUUTTTTTT...
Honestly I think Lolla is a little over rated and I rather go to ACL or Sasquatch. It's seems like it's just overrun by 17yr old kids in high waisted 70 dollar shorts from Urban.
Don't get me wrong I HAD SO MUCH FUN. I actually have post partum concert depression and wish I could see Ezra's beautiful face in person again.
The reason I think I was so excited to go was because I had been wanting to go since I was 13. It was around the time I started reading Spin Magazine and would always read about all these cool bands. I never went during high school because I was one of the few kids in my high school who listened to anything alternative/indie.
I think I would have like the 90's crowd from The Simpsons version of Lollapalooza a lot more...
0 comments