Last year I discovered musical GOLD! In lieu of looking for new song in Spanish by Devendra Banhart I ended up on some music video by a ban...

Last year I discovered musical GOLD!
In lieu of looking for new song in Spanish by Devendra Banhart I ended up on some music video by a band named Beirut from Brooklyn (via Santa Fe).

The best way to describe their sound is to think of accordions, ukeleles, trumpets, French horns, violins, cellos, bass, piano, glockenspiel, flugel horns, drums... Yeah they basically use every instrument invented.

So I had listened to the song "Nantes", and I'm not even kidding, within thirty seconds I already was thinking, I have to find ALL their music NOW!!!




What I quickly found out was that this band is heavily influenced by French chanson, Balkan, and even Mexican music.

All of his songs make you either want to travel to Europe and Mexico or they make you want to be in love. It's the Beirut effect, he kind of does that to you.

This one reminds me of every good thing I want out of life: the simple beauty and forgetting the bad things. It has this feeling of nostalgia and happyness.


He also sings in like three other languages (Portuguese, French, and Turkish). Holy Smokes. What have I been listening to in the last couple of years?! WHAT?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images