I almost entirely forgot I had this blog, woops! Anyway... My aunt came back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago and she said my little co...

I almost entirely forgot I had this blog, woops! Anyway...

My aunt came back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago and she said my little cousin Alex was in pre school now. He apparently even leads this whole event every morning at his school, which essentially is our version of how we used to stand up for the pledge of alliegence every morning . What I do know is that it's a couple of students that the teachers choose and they march around the school with the Mexican flag and yell out some phrases or something. As soon as I heard that Alex was leading this weekly Monday morning tradition, I jumped at the idea of possibly filming it (by filming it, I mean making a short documentary on it).

I was also partly but majorly inspired by this doc:




I was thinking since I have an aunt that is a teacher at the school I would also have easy access to the location to make my doc. I've been keeping journals to document any ideas, thoughts, scribbles, pictures, ANYTHING, that could lead me to a good project. Being that I went to school in the U.S. my whole life, I'm not entirely sure what the process is so it will be a cultural learning experience too.

I'm hoping to go this December after finals for about two weeks. Now that I think about it, it has been about 9 years since I've gone to Mexico. All I keep thinking about is the amazing footage I can get. In fact that's all I have been thinking about lately, is making videos.

Now all I need is this camera... http://tinyurl.com/3km5pxa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images