Alpacas
Gael Garcia Bernal
Llamas
Macchu Pichu
Quechua
the Dirty Projectors
the Motorcycle Diaries
Llamas
1:31 PMLately I have been obsessing over wanting to go to Peru. There is a scene in "The Motorcycle Diaries" where Guevara and his friend Alberto Granado make it all the way up to the Inca ruins of Machu Pucchu.
While I kept researching prices for travel packages and sights to visit I came across some other aspects Peru has to offer:
Can you believe these roam the lands of South America? Someone even informed me that some are domesticated! If there is something wrong with you and you don't think these are adorable, then let me present to you the llama's smaller, fluffier cousins...
The Alpacas!
(haha kind of sounds like an indie folk band)
Even the Dirty Projectors like llamas...
This is my cousin Sergio about 20 years ago when he was visiting my grandma in Mexico. Hes holding a little lamb, but I bet he wished it was a llama (if he even knew what they were at the time).
I also like how hes probably wearing a wool sweater.
Speaking of clothes, no one beats the Quechua people when it comes to colorful attire.
I think a trip to Peru after graduation would be the best timing and most appropriate (especially since I'm minoring in Latin American studies). I guess I'll just keep researching travel guides until then...




0 comments